SIU Investigating after Man Falls from North York Apartment Building
Case Number: 17-TCI-028
- At approximately 10 p.m. on Saturday, February 4, 2017, officers with the Toronto Police Service received a call and responded to an apartment building located at 2222 Weston Road.
- Officers attended a 4th floor unit.
- A short time after police entered the unit, a man fell from the 4th floor balcony to the ground below.
- The man was taken to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre for treatment of multiple serious injuries. He remains in hospital in serious but stable condition.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342