SIU Investigating after Woman Injured in Collision in Toronto
Case Number: 17-TVI-029
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-TVI-029
- At approximately 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, February 5, 2017, officers with the Toronto Police Service attempted to stop a vehicle in the area of Yewtree Boulevard and Driftwood Avenue. The vehicle fled from police.
- On Driftwood Avenue, south of Finch Avenue West, the fleeing vehicle was involved in a collision with another vehicle in which the 57-year-old female was a passenger.
- The woman was taken to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre for treatment of an upper body injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342