SIU Investigating Injuries to Man on Highway 401 near London
Case Number: 17-PCI-041
- Around noon on Tuesday, February 28, 2017, Ontario Provincial Police officers attempted to stop a driver who was operating a transport truck eastbound on Highway 401. The driver would not stop.
- In the area of eastbound Highway 401 and the Colonel Talbot exit in London, traffic was stopped.
- Officers were able to remove the driver of the transport truck from the vehicle, and an interaction ensued.
- The man was taken to hospital. He was later diagnosed with a foot injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342