SIU Called for Woman who Fell from Overpass in Burlington
Case Number: 17-OCD-045
- Just after 3:30 p.m., Halton Regional Police received a call about a woman on the Dundas Street overpass at Highway 407.
- Officers arrived at the scene.
- There was an interaction and a short time later the woman fell from the overpass to the highway.
- She received medical treatment and was rushed to hospital, where she was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897