SIU Investigating after Man Falls to Death from Toronto Apartment Building
Case Number: 17-TCD-046
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-TCD-046
- Shortly before 7 p.m. on Wednesday, March 8, 2017, officers with the Toronto Police Service received a call and responded to an apartment building located at 121 Humber Boulevard.
- Officers attended a 12th floor unit.
- A short time after police entered the unit, a man fell from the 12th floor balcony to the ground below.
- He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342