SIU Investigating Collision in Scarborough
Case Number: 17-TVI-059
*** Spokesperson video is available ***
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-TVI-059
- Shortly after midnight on Thursday, March 30, 2017, a Toronto Police Service officer attempted to stop a vehicle traveling east on Kingston Road.
- The 19-year-old driver of the vehicle did not stop, and proceeded to turn north onto Scarborough Golf Club Road. At the intersection of Scarborough Golf Club Road and Lawrence Avenue East, the vehicle collided with a taxi.
- The 19-year-old male was taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a leg injury.
- The taxi driver was also taken to hospital for treatment.
BROADCAST MEDIA: A video of Spokesperson Monica Hudon speaking about this case is available for viewing at the following link: https://youtu.be/-z70xV-1Roc
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342