SIU called for Collision in Hanover involving Three Vehicles, including an ATV; Investigators Seeking Witnesses
Case Number: 17-OVI-062
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OVI-062
- Just before 9:30 p.m. on April 1, 2017, Hanover Police received a call from a man about an ATV that was operating without lights in front of his property. This was in the area of 12th Street and 10th Avenue.
- A short time later, an ATV collided with another vehicle at the intersection of 6th Avenue and 10th Street.
- The vehicle that was struck by the ATV then struck a parked vehicle.
- The 26-year-old driver of the ATV was rushed to hospital. He underwent surgery and is currently listed in critical condition.
- A driver and passenger in the vehicle that was struck were not injured.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342