SIU called for Collision in Hanover involving Three Vehicles, including an ATV; Investigators Seeking Witnesses
Case Number: 17-OVI-062
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OVI-062
- Just before 9:30 p.m. on April 1, 2017, Hanover Police received a call from a man about an ATV that was operating without lights in front of his property. This was in the area of 12th Street and 10th Avenue.
- A short time later, an ATV collided with another vehicle at the intersection of 6th Avenue and 10th Street.
- The vehicle that was struck by the ATV then struck a parked vehicle.
- The 26-year-old driver of the ATV was rushed to hospital. He underwent surgery and is currently listed in critical condition.
- A driver and passenger in the vehicle that was struck were not injured.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342