SIU Investigation Started into Death of Man inside a Residence in Kingston
Case Number: 17-OCD-067
*** Spokesperson video is available ***
- Sometime after 3:00 p.m. on April 3, 2017, the Kingston Police Service was made aware of an assault.
- Several police officers, including Emergency Response Unit (ERU) members, attended a residence at 100 Compton Street.
- Around 10:30 p.m., police entered the residence.
- A 52-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene.
BROADCAST MEDIA: A video of Spokesperson Monica Hudon speaking about this case is available for viewing at the following link: https://youtu.be/1DuC0yanceU
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897