SIU Investigating Death of Man in Kitchener
Case Number: 17-OCD-068
*** Spokesperson video is available ***
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCD-068
- Shortly after 4 a.m. on Tuesday, April 4, 2017, the Waterloo Regional Police Service received a call of a domestic nature.
- Officers attended a residence on Tilley Court in Kitchener and set up a perimeter.
- After making numerous attempts to contact a 69-year-old man in the home, officers entered the residence at approximately 10 a.m.
- The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
BROADCAST MEDIA: A video of Spokesperson Monica Hudon speaking about this case is available for viewing at the following link: https://youtu.be/tQ7BUSSIBmo
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342