Investigation Started into Incident involving Windsor Man
Case Number: 17-OCI-081
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-081
The province's Special Investigations Unit is examining the circumstances surrounding an incident in Windsor in which a 27-year-old man suffered serious leg injuries.
Preliminary information suggests the following occurred:
- Sometime in the afternoon of April 17, 2017, Windsor Police received a call for assistance.
- Officers responded to a residence on Riverside Drive near Crawford Avenue.
- Just after 4:00 p.m., a 27-year-old man was transported to hospital with serious leg injuries.
The SIU has assigned three investigators and two forensic investigators to probe the circumstances of this incident.
The SIU is appealing to anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342