Investigation Started into Incident involving Windsor Man
Case Number: 17-OCI-081
- Sometime in the afternoon of April 17, 2017, Windsor Police received a call for assistance.
- Officers responded to a residence on Riverside Drive near Crawford Avenue.
- Just after 4:00 p.m., a 27-year-old man was transported to hospital with serious leg injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1863 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1863