SIU Investigating after Man Sustains Injuries in Strathroy
Case Number: 17-PCI-084
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-PCI-084
- In the early morning hours of Thursday, April 20, 2017, Ontario Provincial Police officers were conducting an investigation in the area of Egremont Drive and Centre Road in Strathroy.
- At approximately 4 a.m. The officers located a man they had been searching for in a nearby field.
- During the arrest process, a police canine bit the man. He was taken to hospital for treatment of his injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342