SIU Investigating after Man Sustains Injuries in Kitchener
Case Number: 17-OCI-093
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-093
- In the late afternoon hours of Tuesday, April 25, 2017, Waterloo Regional Police Service received reports of an altercation between two individuals.
- At approximately 6 p.m., officers located one of the individuals on Mill Street in Kitchener. There was an interaction between the officers and the man.
- The man was taken to hospital for treatment of injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342