SIU Investigating Single Vehicle Crash in Toronto
Case Number: 17-TVI-104
- Around 2:00 a.m., Toronto Police officers were following a vehicle.
- A short time later, the vehicle crashed into a tree on the front lawn of a residence.
- The male driver of the vehicle fled.
- The male passenger in the vehicle suffered leg injuries and was taken to hospital.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342