Investigation Started after Vehicle Collides with Residence in Scarborough
Case Number: 17-TVI-109
- Just before midnight on May 12, 2017, Toronto Police Service officers encountered a vehicle near McNicoll Avenue and Markham Road. The vehicle was travelling at a high rate of speed.
- Not long after there was a collision reported at the intersection of Morningside Avenue and Staines Road. A vehicle had crashed into a residence.
- A 28-year-old man suffered a leg injury and was taken to hospital.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897