SIU Investigating after Man Falls to Death from Toronto Apartment Building
Case Number: 17-TCD-110
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-TCD-110
- At approximately 9 p.m. on Saturday, May 13, 2017, Toronto Police Service officers attended an apartment building at 1775 Weston Road to look for an individual.
- The officers knocked on the door of an apartment unit.
- Shortly after that, a man fell from the apartment unit to the ground below.
- He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342