SIU Investigators in London for Vehicle Crash following Pharmacy Robbery
Case Number: 17-OVI-111
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OVI-111
- Close to midnight on May 13, 2017, London Police Service received a call about a robbery at a pharmacy.
- A short time later, a police officer located a vehicle thought to be connected to the robbery.
- Not long after that, a vehicle flipped and crashed on the front lawn of a residence on Hyde Park Road, north of Fanshawe Park Road.
- One occupant of the vehicle was taken to hospital with undetermined injuries.
- A second occupant was located a short distance away. He was taken to hospital with a serious upper body injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342