SIU Investigators Called to Collision Involving a Peel Regional Police Cruiser in Brampton
Case Number: 17-OVI-114
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OVI-114
- Just after 7:30 p.m. on May 17, 2017, a Peel Regional Police officer was responding to a domestic violence call. The police officer was travelling southbound on Main Street North in Brampton.
- In the area of English Street and Main Street North, the police cruiser was involved in a collision with two other vehicles.
- The female driver of one of the vehicles and the police officer were transported to hospital with serious injuries. The woman was treated and released.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342