SIU Investigating Death of Man in Cambridge
Case Number: 17-OCD-122
- In the evening hours of Monday, May 22, 2017, Emergency Medical Services (EMS) was called to a home in the area of Cedar Street and Southgate Road. Requiring assistance, EMS called police at approximately 8:20 p.m.
- While Waterloo Regional Police officers were assisting EMS, the man went vital signs absent.
- First Aid was commenced, and the man was transported to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342