SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Interaction between Man and Police Officers in Waterloo
Case Number: 17-OCI-145
- At approximately 11 a.m. on Friday, June 16, 2017, officers with the Waterloo Regional Police Service attempted to stop a man who was walking on Westmount Road West, just south of Karn Street.
- At some point during the arrest, the man sustained an injury and was taken to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342