SIU Seeking Witnesses to Incident Involving OPP Officers and a 62-year-old Man in Gowanstown
Case Number: 17-PCI-171
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-PCI-171
- Around 9:00 p.m. on July 6, 2017, OPP officers attended a residence near Road 164 and 88th Line. Police officers were responding to a domestic dispute.
- During an interaction with police, the 62-year-old man was seriously injured.
- The man was transported to hospital and is currently being treated.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342