SIU Investigating Death of Man in Woodstock
Case Number: 17-OOD-208
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OOD-208
- On Wednesday, August 9, 2017, the Ontario Provincial Police requested the assistance of the Woodstock Police Service (WPS) in locating a man.
- A WPS officer was able to speak with the man by phone.
- At approximately 7:30 a.m. on Friday, August 11, 2017, the man was located in a vehicle parked outside the Woodstock General Hospital. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342