SIU Investigating Death of Man in Sudbury
Case Number: 17-OCD-242
- Shortly after midnight on Monday, September 4, 2017, officers with the Greater Sudbury Police Service (GSPS) set up a perimeter around a residence in western Sudbury as a result of receiving a call.
- At 2:23 a.m., GSPS officers and paramedics entered the residence. A 48-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342