SIU Charges Police Officer in Relation to Man’s Arrest in Keswick
Case Number: 17-OCI-071
- On the night of April 5, 2017, YRP officers investigated a complaint in the area of Glenwoods Avenue and The Queensway South in Keswick.
- The subject officer became involved in an interaction with a man.
- The following morning, the man was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342