Investigators Seeking Witnesses to Arrest outside Burlington Mall
Case Number: 17-OCI-260
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-260
Investigators with the province’s Special Investigations Unit are seeking witnesses to the arrest of a woman in the parking lot outside Burlington Mall on September 14, 2017.
Preliminary information indicates the following occurred:
- Not long after 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 14, 2017, Halton Regional Police Service officers – in plainclothes – located a woman in the parking lot outside Burlington Mall.
- The 52-year-old woman was arrested.
- During the arrest, the woman suffered a serious injury.
The incident occurred in the parking lot in front of the Canadian Tire store, and investigators believe there may have been a number of witnesses to the incident.
The SIU is urging anyone who may have witnessed the incident to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also asking anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342