SIU Started Investigation into Collision between Peel Regional Police Cruiser and Taxi in Brampton
Case Number: 17-OVI-266
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OVI-266
- Around 2:00 p.m. on September 20, 2017, a taxi was driving into the intersection at Bramalea Road and Bovaird Drive in Brampton.
- A Peel Regional Police cruiser also entered the intersection at the same time.
- There was a collision between the cruiser and the taxi.
- A 30-year-old man – who was a passenger in the taxi – was assessed at hospital with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342