SIU Terminates Investigation into Woman’s Serious Injury in Sarnia
Case Number: 17-OCI-194
- On June 18, 2017, a 67-year-old woman contacted 911 saying she was having thoughts of committing suicide. As a result, Emergency Medical Services and two Sarnia Police Service officers attended the woman’s residence.
- The woman was transported to the hospital by ambulance and admitted.
- X-rays taken showed the woman had a back injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342