SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Interaction between Man and Police Officers in Guelph
Case Number: 17-OCI-259
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-259
- At approximately 4:45 a.m. on July 30, 2017, GPS officers attended the area of Gordon Street and Water Street in response to a complaint.
- During the arrest of a man, there was an interaction and the man sustained a serious injury.
- He was transported to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342