SIU Investigating Interaction between Man and Police Officers in Sudbury
Case Number: 17-OCI-268
- Shortly after midnight on Thursday, September 21, 2017, officers with the Sudbury Police Service attended the area of Lloyd Street and Mathew Street in response to a call.
- The officers located a 36-year-old man, and while arresting him, there was an interaction.
- The man was taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with a shoulder injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342