Investigation Started into Injury Man Suffered During Arrest in Etobicoke
Case Number: 17-TCI-271
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-TCI-271
- Sometime after midnight on September 24, 2017, the Toronto Police Service received a call about a sexual assault.
- Just before 2:00 a.m., police officers located a man near Lakeshore Boulevard and Twenty Ninth Street.
- The 42-year-old man was arrested.
- He was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342