SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Brant County Interaction between Police Officers and Man
Case Number: 17-PCI-230
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-PCI-230
- Shortly after midnight on Saturday, August 26, 2017, the Ontario Provincial Police was dispatched to a restaurant on Brant Road, south of Blue Lake Road, for an alarm call.
- Upon a police officer arriving at the scene, a man fled on foot, and the officer gave chase.
- The man fell from the roof of a building and sustained injuries.
- He was taken to hospital where he was diagnosed with leg injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342