SIU Investigating Injuries Sustained by Man in Hamilton after Fall from Second Floor Apartment Unit
Case Number: 17-OCI-274
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-274
- At approximately 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, September 24, 2017, Hamilton Police Service officers attended an apartment building in the area of Glenholme Avenue and King Street East to arrest a man.
- Officers knocked on the door of a 2nd floor apartment unit. No one answered.
- As one of the officers made his way back to his cruiser, he located the man of interest on the property. The man had fallen from the 2nd floor apartment unit at some point.
- The man was transported to hospital for treatment of leg injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342