SIU Terminates Investigation into Injury Sustained by Man in Windsor
Case Number: 17-OCI-214
- On Tuesday, August 15, 2017, Windsor Police Service officers attended a residence in relation to a domestic incident.
- While a 43-year-old man was being arrested, he told police to be mindful of a hand injury that had happened prior to police arriving.
- The man was taken to the police station, and then to hospital for treatment of his injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342