SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Interaction between Police Officers and Man at Yorkdale Shopping Centre
Case Number: 17-TCI-277
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-TCI-277
- On Saturday, August 26, 2017, Toronto Police Service officers attended the Yorkdale Shopping Centre after being contacted about a man’s behavior.
- The man was arrested and taken to the police station.
- The man was arrested again the following day.
- At some point, the man visited a physician and he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342