SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Interaction between Man and Windsor Police Service Officers
Case Number: 17-OCI-279
- At approximately 9:45 p.m. on Thursday, September 28, 2017, plainclothes officers with the Windsor Police Service located the man in the parking lot of an apartment building at 333 Glengarry Avenue. The man was wanted on outstanding arrest warrants.
- There was an interaction, and the man taken into custody and transported to the police station.
- He was later transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342