SIU Closes Investigation in Windsor; Injuries not Caused by Police
Case Number: 17-OCI-229
- In the early morning hours of Friday, August 25, 2017, a 27-year-old man was in the area of Drouillard Road and Milloy Street when he was assaulted by a group of individuals. When the man ran into a variety store, the group of individuals followed and the attack continued.
- Windsor Police Service (WPS) officers arrived and found the man injured.
- He was transported to hospital for treatment of injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342