Investigation Started Following Motorcycle Crash on Off-Ramp of Don Valley Parkway in Toronto
Case Number: 17-TVI-288
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-TVI-288
- Just after 12:30 p.m. on October 5, 2017, a Toronto Police Service officer attempted a traffic stop involving a motorcycle in the southbound lanes of the DVP.
- A short time later, on the off-ramp at York Mills Road, the motorcycle struck the rear of a van.
- A 46-year-old man – the driver of the motorcycle – was transported to hospital and diagnosed with a serious lower body injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342