Witnesses Sought to Arrest in North Bay
Case Number: 17-OCI-280
- Sometime in the afternoon of September 17, 2017, North Bay Police Service officers were called to Lake Heights Road for a disturbance.
- Around 4:30 p.m., police officers arrested a 59-year-old woman.
- During the arrest, the woman suffered a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897