SIU Investigating Death of a Man on Highway in Hamilton
Case Number: 17-OCD-297
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCD-297
- Around 8:40 p.m. on October 13, 2017, Hamilton Police Service received a call for a man in distress on the westbound Lincoln M. Alexander Parkway at the ramp to Highway 403.
- Police officers attended the area.
- A short time later, the man was struck by a westbound tractor trailer.
- The 36-year-old man was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342