SIU Appealing for Witnesses to Collision in London
Case Number: 17-OVI-300
- At approximately 8:30 p.m. on Friday, October 13, 2017, a London Police Service officer stopped a vehicle at the intersection of Third Street and Culver Drive.
- As the officer approached the vehicle on foot, the driver drove away on Culver Drive.
- The officer reentered the cruiser and went in the same direction.
- Shortly after, the civilian vehicle became involved in a collision with another vehicle in the area of Culver Drive and Culver Place.
- The 30-year-old passenger who was in the vehicle that had initially been stopped by police was taken to hospital for treatment of injuries.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342