SIU Investigating Falling Injuries Sustained by Woman in Thunder Bay
Case Number: 17-OCI-299
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-299
- Shortly after midnight on Monday, October 16, 2017, officers with the Thunder Bay Police Service attended an apartment building in the area of River Street and Algoma Street North to deal with a domestic situation.
- Shortly after arriving at a 3rd floor apartment unit, officers arrested a 19-year-old man.
- At some point, a 19-year-old woman who was also in the apartment fell from an apartment window. She sustained serious injuries, and as a result, was transported to hospital for treatment.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342