SIU Called to Investigate Arrest Outside Brampton Residence; One Man has Died
Case Number: 17-OCD-317
- Around 8:45 a.m. on October 31, 2017, Peel Regional Police received a 911 call from a man.
- Police officers responded to the call, outside a residence in the Bovaird Drive and McLaughlin Road area in Brampton.
- Officers interacted with a man and he was transported to hospital by ambulance.
- The 44-year-old man was pronounced dead at hospital.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jason Gennaro, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-641-1897 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 1897