SIU Investigating Interaction between Man and Police Officers in Toronto
Case Number: 17-TCI-325
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-TCI-325
- At approximately 5 a.m. on Wednesday, November 8, 2017, the man was involved in an altercation with an Uber driver in the area of Parliament Street and Front Street East. The man then became involved in an altercation with TTC personnel.
- Police were called and attended the scene. Officers located the man, and while arresting him, there was a struggle.
- The man was transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is a civilian agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or an allegation of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342