SIU Investigating Injuries to Man in Sudbury
Case Number: 17-OCI-335
- At approximately 2:30 a.m. on Thursday, November 16, 2017, Sudbury Police Service officers approached a vehicle that was parked behind a store on Marcus Drive. A man was inside the vehicle.
- Upon seeing the officers, the man began to drive away and shortly after struck a shed.
- When the man fled on foot, a police officer gave chase and caught up to the man. There was an interaction, and the man was arrested.
- He was transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342