Witnesses Sought in Sudbury Investigation involving Bicycle Collision
Case Number: 17-OCI-347
Other News Releases Related to Case 17-OCI-347
- Just after 8:00 p.m. on November 23, 2017, Greater Sudbury Police Service officers received a call about a cyclist struck by a vehicle at the intersection of MacKenzie Street and Evergreen Street.
- Police officers and paramedics arrived at the intersection but the 34-year-old cyclist had already left the area.
- A short time later, the man was located at Beech Street and Durham Street, and he was arrested.
- On November 24, 2017, the man was taken to hospital and diagnosed with an injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342