SIU Investigating Injuries to Man in Brampton
Case Number: 17-OCI-378
The province’s Special Investigations Unit is investigating the circumstances surrounding a serious injury sustained by a 52-year-old man in Brampton.
Preliminary information suggests the following:
· At approximately 5:20 p.m. on December 27, 2017, officers with Peel Regional Police responded to a call at a home on Ray Lawson Boulevard.
· There was an interaction, and the man was arrested.
· He was transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
Two investigators and one forensic investigator have been assigned to this incident. The SIU is urging anyone who may have information about this investigation to contact the lead investigator at 1-800-787-8529. The Unit is also urging anyone who may have any video evidence related to this incident to upload that video through the SIU website.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Jasbir Dhillon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342