SIU Investigating Arrest of Man in St. Catharines
Case Number: 18-OCI-006
- At approximately 9 a.m. on Wednesday, January 10, 2018, officers with Niagara Regional Police Service responded to a residence in the area of Manchester Avenue and Whitmore Street after receiving a call.
- Upon entering the residence, the officers located a man and there was an interaction.
- The man was taken into custody and subsequently transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, email@example.com
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342