SIU Investigating Injury Sustained by Man in Mississauga
Case Number: 18-OCI-007
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCI-007
- At approximately 1 a.m. on Saturday, January 13, 2018, officers with Peel Regional Police responded to a residence on Marmac Crescent in Mississauga in relation to a domestic incident.
- Soon after arriving at the residence, there was an interaction between police officers and the man.
- The man was taken into custody and subsequently transported to hospital where he was diagnosed with a serious injury.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342