SIU Seeking Witnesses to Early Morning Crash in Peterborough
Case Number: 18-OVI-008
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OVI-008
- Around 7:20 a.m. on January 13, 2018, a Peterborough Police Service officer observed a vehicle travelling northbound on George Street (a one-way street for southbound traffic).
- The police officer attempted to stop the vehicle.
- A short time later, at the intersection of Water Street and Parkhill Road West, the vehicle the officer was attempting to stop collided with a second vehicle.
- The 55-year-old female driver of the second vehicle was taken to hospital and diagnosed with a serious leg injury.
- The 21-year-old male driver of the first vehicle and his passenger, also a 21-year-old man, were uninjured.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342