SIU Investigating after Vehicle Crashes into Concrete Pylon in King City
Case Number: 18-PVI-028
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-PVI-028
- At approximately 10 p.m. on February 2, 2018, an Ontario Provincial Police officer was traveling west on King Road when he observed a vehicle traveling south on Spring Hill Drive. That vehicle turned left onto King Road and began traveling east in the westbound lanes.
- The officer made a U-turn and followed the vehicle in order to further investigate the driver.
- A short time later, the vehicle crashed into a concrete pylon on the north side of King Road, west of Dufferin Street.
- The driver was taken to hospital where she was diagnosed with multiple fractures.
The SIU is an independent government agency that investigates the conduct of officials (police officers as well as special constables with the Niagara Parks Commission and peace officers with the Legislative Protective Service) that may have resulted in death, serious injury, sexual assault and/or the discharge of a firearm at a person. All investigations are conducted by SIU investigators who are civilians. Under the Special Investigations Unit Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether the official has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, cause a criminal charge to be laid against the official where grounds exist for doing so, or close the file without any charges being laid
- publicly report the results of its investigations
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342