SIU Investigating Falling Death of Woman in Mississauga
Case Number: 18-OCD-051
Other News Releases Related to Case 18-OCD-051
- At approximately 4 p.m. on February 21, 2018, Peel Regional Police officers attended a townhouse complex in the area of Elmcreek Road and Dundas Street West in response to a woman in distress.
- A short time later, the woman fell from the roof to the ground below.
- Emergency Medical Services arrived and transported the woman to hospital.
- The woman succumbed to her injuries and she was pronounced dead.
The SIU is an arm’s length agency that investigates reports involving police where there has been death, serious injury or allegations of sexual assault. Under the Police Services Act, the Director of the SIU must
- consider whether an officer has committed a criminal offence in connection with the incident under investigation
- depending on the evidence, lay a criminal charge against the officer if appropriate or close the file without any charges being laid
- report the results of any investigations to the Attorney General.
Monica Hudon, firstname.lastname@example.org
SIU Communications/Service des communications, UES
Telephone/No de téléphone: 416-622-2342 or/ou 1-800-787-8529 extension 2342